Drift sock
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drift sock

Minnow

Drift sock

Hi Guys
    So this summer i bought some drift socks at a garage sale for $3 ea, brand new (score!). I am planning on using it to slow my 75 Merc EFI down to 1.5mph or so for walleye trolling. Is it ok to just employ the drift sock off one side of the boat? I also heard it's best to tie it mid ship or closer to the bow. Is this what you guys do? I don't think i want the sock behind the boat where the lines are?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Re: Drift sock

You can tie it mid ship but make sure the tag line is tied off to the back cleat.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Jumbo Perch

I keep my drift socks tied off the bow. I use them both to slow me down and to give me more bow control in wind. It significantly slows down your boat getting blown all over to have the socks off the bow. Make sure you have a line off the back of the sock for retrieval. I don't think you will have a problem with only one sock out.

Scott

Scott
    Are you using drift socks or trolling bags?
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Jumbo Perch

They are trolling bags now just because they stand up better then socks. I use the Amish outfitter ones, but I have used socks and they work fine just wear out faster.

Scott

Minnow

You will find Steve that trolling only one bag gets to be a pain. Your boat will be trying to turn in circles all day.
    Use two smaller bags.....one off each side.

Safe Fishing First,
    Jack
    OrangePeel Adventures
    Safe Fishing First,<br />Jack<br />OrangePeel Adventures

Does antone use pro plates anymore?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.