What is the best rod for walleye through the?
+ Reply to Thread

What is the best rod for walleye through the?

Personal preference always plays a large roll in choosing a rod for walleye fishing through the ice on the Bay of Quinte. What do you use and why?
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    28" med and Med/Heavy Black Ice rod. Lots of Backbone and over the counter warranty.

Big Old Bass
    I use a 27" M 13 fishing wicked ice rod, paired with the 13 fiahing black Betty. The centrepin reel gives u ALLOT more control over your bait!! And u can drop ur bait allot faster with it compared to a spinning reel. I started useing it late last year and I would definatly buy another 1 in a heartbeat. It is especially good when fishing deep water, if your in a 100fow your bait will be on the bottom in half the time it takes to get a bait from a spinning reel to the bottom.
    Also u don't get line twists, and it's real easy playing a Wally with it when u need to raise and drop your bait right in the fishes face
    Last edited by Pickerel killer; 12-23-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Minnow
    30in ugly stick med action

Big Old Bass
    Quote Originally Posted by wabler View Post
    30in ugly stick med action
    That's what I used last year. But unfortunately while salmon fishin in owen sound they fell off the sleigh on the way back to shore. I realized it,then went back 5 mins later and they were gonzo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickerel killer View Post
    That's what I used last year. But unfortunately while salmon fishin in owen sound they fell off the sleigh on the way back to shore. I realized it,then went back 5 mins later and they were gonzo!
    I saw the jigging stick action out there. You have been doing that for a while LOL
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    I always use a pretty heavy stick for wallys regardless i dont trust those flimsy rods but i see enough people getting fish on them

Minnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickerel killer View Post

They work great i have 2, 30in med hev and 2 med 28in. I have been using them for years. Never had one snap yet and have caught many 10+ lb pike down on long point bay. Still waiting for my 10+ walter out of the ice. Hopefully this is the year.;D;D

wabler

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.