Did the wind take the ice out?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did the wind take the ice out?

It is howling here in Orillia and the ice on the main lake is gone. Did it break up there?
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    I went down to Potter,s to check the ice and its still there!!! We have a little over 2 inches now and its still making more ice, the strong wind that we are getting right now has not broke it up YET, if the ice holds up after the wind tonight we will be well on our way to getting back out there for some long overdue walleye fishin. Here's to hoping the wind doesn't beat us out again....fingers and toes crossed, the ice will be there in the morning. Tight lines and a Happy New Year to everyone from all us at Quinte Ice Hut Rentals.

Thanks Pete
    Let me know when it is walkable and I'll head down. Happy New Year
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Hi there kinda new to the forum aka have been reading it for 2 years but haven't participated. Thanks for the update. Was hoping to go to potters on Friday. Went Tuesday up by gull and Kash lakes to a small trout lake had about 3". Stopped at beaver on the way up and didn't feel the ice was thick enough yet. If I get to potters I will write a post.

Minnow
    I will take a look at it in the morning and let you know what we got for ice thickness, hope you got your fishin gear close to the door LOL..
    Last edited by Pickerel Pete; 01-01-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Minnow
    Thanks for the leg work pete. Wish i was closer to investigate myself but the 3hr drive is abit to far to turn around. Crossing my fingers for next wknd. if not simcoe should be close for some laker action. Only 2hr drive.lol. It's not Quinte but Long point Bay is frozen over not sure if it's safe yet but a buddy is going out spudding today and i will report what he finds.

Gotta love the hardwater.

wabler

Minnow
    Hey Pete
    any news? Going to leave napanee in an hour or so. Hoping the hard water is thick!

Minnow
    I'm interested in a update to, looking to go out if possible but dont want to make the 2 hour drive to find out i cant lol

Minnow
    Yea im not going near that for a while couple weeks then the slam fest is one

Big Old Bass
    We're sitting on 3.5-4" at potters rit now. We were able to get out to 13 fow

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.