Did the wind take the ice out? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looking forward to tomorrow.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    Hope yas smack some !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanG View Post
    Hope yas smack some !!!
    Me too! I spend more time checking ice than fishing but I'll get my share in this season.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Big Old Bass
    So just a lil update now that I'm at home. There was anywhere from 2.5-4" of ice out there. The main trail out is decent, but once u get off the beaten trail it gets a lil skinny.
    The ice near shore was thinner than it was halfway out. There were approximately 20 guys out there tonight, and although I got skunked I heard of a few fish caught.
    Be careful out there and good luck!

Thanks Tyler we will test around a little tomorrow

Minnow
    The ice at Potters Creek is 3 to almost 4 inch,s in some places, there was at least 15 or more guys out last night and some walleye were iced,The ice out there is still thin in places and if you are thinking of going to Potters or anywhere else that freezes early be very careful and use your spud making very sure to check your path on the way out, the weather is on our side now and it wont be long before the ice gets thicker, but for now if your going to try it out there be VERY VERY sure before you take your next step, I will be out on the ice a lot so I will keep you posted as soon as there are any changes.
    Stay Safe and have fun!!!!
    Last edited by Pickerel Pete; 01-03-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Minnow
    Hey guys,

First post on the board. My second hardwater year on quinte.Trying to get out late next week/weekend.

Any update of ice status following this storm and warm weather tomorrow would be appreciated!

Tight lines!!!

Josh

Welcome to the board.
    The ice held up well and I think we have a pretty good base now that I would expect to stay and grow.

Minnow
    John,

Were you fishing potters? You didnt happen to check any other areas, did yah?

Nice eye btw!!

Yes we fished potters. I was going to go to Point Anne but the ice wasn't ready to test. I went to Trenton and there was a strip of open water. Glen went to Desteronto and will send the info today but the ice was a little thinner down there, about 3 inches and the quality was not as good.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.