Napanee/Kingston --- Crappie
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

Napanee/Kingston --- Crappie

Hi folks,

I am new to this board, I am a member of the Simcoe board, but looking to expand my fishing area. Not sure if this board will help me so if someone could suggest a forum which is more specific to north of Napanee/Kingston that would be great.

I target mostly crappie and have heard their are a number of lakes in this area which have crappie.

Has anyone fished this area for crappie and would be willing to share the lakes? Feel free to PM me.

I am considering heading to beaver lake just north of Napanee, but would like to know conditions before making the hike. The MNR list it as a crappie, and pike lake????

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Big Old Bass
    Welcome to the board, Basserone...

I've found that crappie lakes are one of those things people keep quiet about. I'm thinking those that are in the know, must have their own special handshake to show they're in a Crappie Club and the 1st rule is; "don't talk about the crappie club!" :-)

However, since I'm not, I'll offer what I've experienced....sorry it's so little but hopefully as start.

Dog Lake north of Kingston has a good population of crappie as well as Sydenham Lake. Honestly though, I wish I could offer access points but have always been with a friend at night to his hut so not sure where we've ended up. Hmmmm....maybe now I know why it's always been after work...so I don't have to be blind-folded. ;-)

I do know on Dog, it's been close to what they call the "Cats" which is between Dog and Cranberry Lake. As for Sydenham, I'll be fishing there next week so be able to offer more on it then and pay attention to where we go to let you know.

I've fished Beaver Lake but only in the summer. It has a good population of walleye as well as pike, bass and crappie.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Cheers

Minnow
    Thank you for your honesty. I know that most people wish to keep their lakes and spots a secret, completely understand. There are a lot of browsers on these site who never contribute, just looking for info and never giving any in return.

This board, unlike other boards, does not seem to have a way to sent PM to members?

Actually you can send a PM by clicking on the members name and a window pops up with options.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Thanks John, I figured there must have been a way.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.