Feb 7-8, Huffs BOQ
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

Feb 7-8, Huffs BOQ

We have been having some success this year at Huffs so when a buddy said that he had a cottage for us to crash at for the night we jumped at the chance to fish for two days. We hit the road at 3:30 and headed straight to Huffs (well, Tim Horton’s first). The guys we were meeting had spent a day and a half on the ice before we got there and had caught a few nice fish, so our hopes were high. Our holes were drilled by 7:10 with the first fish on the ice by 7:20. The fish weren’t as active as the last time we were there but it’s fun (and frustrating) working them trying to make them hit. We ended the day and half going 10/15.
    The average size was a bit larger then I had seen on the previous trip but we didn’t land anything over 10 (not that I’m complaining).

The hot baits were Jigging raps, buck shots, vibrato’s (small ones) & mucho minnows all tipped with various minnow parts.

Jake trout with a nice fat fish.

A skinny male that I didn’t even see on the finder.

Our buddy that planned the trip didn’t hook anything until the last morning. He might have been a little bit excited.

I got a great video of me working a walleye for 1:13 before it hit. I went throught all of my jigging techniques twice. It ended up hitting on the drop back to the bottom.

http://youtu.be/tIjWEVwS120

How you enjoy.

Randaller
    Last edited by The Randaller; 02-10-2015 at 10:41 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Big Old Bass
    Nice fish man and great video!

Awesome! You guys have too much fun down there.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Ha Thanks!

Some guy at Sail told me to try a Vibrato. Those things actually catch fish :-)

Minnow
    Great job guys..
    Nice to see fish pic's...
    Soon I will head down there....
    Flip

Quote Originally Posted by The Randaller View Post
    Ha Thanks!

Some guy at Sail told me to try a Vibrato. Those things actually catch fish :-)
    LOL and they don't carry them. I'll have to fix that. I love Jake's picture
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    It looks kinda cold in the vid; why did you have the buddy off?
    Nice catch btw.

Minnow
    Thanks!

The heater is on, It's Just on low. It wasn't that cold, we were out for two days in a row and the frost was still there from the night before.

Minnow
    Nice.fish man ..nice.video too .. have.you.guys been.out.on ...or herd of anyone hitting them on hay bay ..thanks ?

Quote Originally Posted by steelcity anglers View Post
    Nice.fish man ..nice.video too .. have.you.guys been.out.on ...or herd of anyone hitting them on hay bay ..thanks ?
    They were earlier in the season

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.