Do you fish Walleye World?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you fish Walleye World?

This is one of the most participated derbies in the country. Do you fish it?
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Big Old Bass
    I have since it was the original Walleye Derby 35 years ago.

My Dad and I started fishing it from shore then finally got a boat a couple of years later. Even with the boat, we still would hit Spring Side Park every year to start fishing at midnight from shore until 4 am then launch the boat...

I've never missed an opening since.

We've since upgraded and now stay the weekend at Mohawk Bay Trailer Park. We're already booked for this year and hoping the Deseronto Yacht Club will put their tournament on as well.

Jumbo Perch
    Yes I always do. We start at midnight Friday stay on the water until Sunday at 3. Tons of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bayofquintecharters View Post
    Yes I always do. We start at midnight Friday stay on the water until Sunday at 3. Tons of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's an idea. Maybe I'll do the same thing this year
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Yes. This will be my 4th year. Always a lot of fun!

All signed up for Walleye World!!

Can't wait. Put some heat on that ice.

Minnow
    That going to be my first time for this event. Look for a Blue Crestliner CX1650, that going to be me

We will be in a dark red Ranger 620 VS. Might do a little night fishing.

Minnow
    What are you using to transport your fish to the weight station to keep it alive?

Big Old Bass
    I could be mistaken but have read and heard in past years, that you must bring your fish in a working live-well in your boat. I've heard that people do weigh them in still from coolers but always a controversial issue and never seen this first hand; just been told this by one of the volunteers at a weigh-in station.

It's my understanding that transporting live fish in a vehicle is illegal but interested in what others say...

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.