Fresh meet in Trenton
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

Smile Fresh meet in Trenton

Hello all.
    I will get posted to Trenton this 15th of June 2015. I recently bought a Bass Boat 16feet. That my first one and I'm not really comfortable yet with it. Any suggestion where I need to go on the Bay to catch some Walleye and Bass and where I will be able to learn to drive my boat. Thanks

Richard

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Hi Richard

There are two things you can do just about anywhere on Quinte and that is catch bass and test your boat. As for walleye that is a seasonal issue but there again you could find them anywhere. In the spring when it opens the mouths of rivers can be your best bet.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Big Old Bass
    Welcome to the board Esqua.

Quinte is an amazing body of water! As Doug Brownridge and David Chong; probably the greatest and most knowledgeable anglers around, next to our own Mr. Whyte of course said at a Bass Talk Seminar in Trenton; Quinte is like a big river. This is very true!

There are areas and times of course it blows up with winds but you can typically find a sheltered spot. There are a ton of great weed beds out from the Trent River and all over the Bay. Within no time, you'll be on to the fishing and bonding with the good ole Bay.

If you're new to launching, the George St. ramp is huge and parking lot spacious so always a great place to start. It was there I learned the most on how and became more comfortable in doing so.

A 16' boat is great for the Bay and we'll all be looking forward to your posts and pics.

Cheers,

Paul

Minnow
    Thanks,
    USER0379.jpg10250165_10151997687482127_1594587195650737518_n.jpg First one is Artic Char At Torngat Montain (Labrador) and seconde one Everglade last year

Jumbo Perch
    Richard,

I fish the Picton end of the bay more then the Trenton end so I'm not as knowledgable about that area. I do know that early spring (May and early June) is great around the Trent. Take a look at www.navionics.com and click on the webapp at the top right corner. You'll see that there is some deeper water in the mouth of the Trent and as it flows out into the bay, outside of that trough are shallower flats and once the water warms a bit and the weeds build up it and makes catching walleye at that end of the bay difficult. Your better off moving alittle farther east at that point and fishing the deeper holes and weed edges. Again I'm not overly knowledgable about that end of the bay but I do know that the first month of the season Trenton is an amazing spot to be. Enjoy the bounties of the bay.

Btw you'll soon learn to leave those green carp alone and stick with the gold!!! Lol (just ribbing the bass guys a bit)

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL green carp! We call them money fish. I've got the pot of gold fever!!
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.