Opening weekend report
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

Opening weekend report

So after a long anticipated wait, the 2015 season has opened and were a solid week deep. Opening weekend saw lots of boat traffic as usual and our overnight bite on Saturday proved more successful than our day time bite. We found most fish were looking for fire tiger and a slower speed of 1.6. Spending almost 48 hours on the water my crew and I covered A LOT. Of water. Sunday was a bit of a different story as our bite stayed consistent through out the night until we packed it in around noon. Our most productive area was near Glenora ferry however we did catch fish in Picton bay and at thompsons. Big fish for the weekend was 10.3 just a few shad shy of staying in the top 10

After a day or two off to recover from the weekend I hit the water in preparation for upcoming charters. A buddy and I spent one morning east of Glenora ferry in an attempt to try and crack the code on any walleye heading back to the lake O. We came up empty handed so we ventured back to Picton bay where we were quickly rewarded with a couple 4 lbr's!

Since those two fish the walleye have looked at everything I've thrown at them and decided they have better things to do. It's been tough to say the least out there amongst most of the guys I've been talking with but as an old saying goes things worth having are worth waiting for and I'm sure the spring bite will turn on and the first week will be a distant memory. Good luck to everyone out there and i'll continue to post up reports when I can.

Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Great report Joe

Now that the crowd has gone everything should get back to normal. I'll have to make my way down again soon before the big girls vacate the area. After that only you guys know where and when LOL
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Joe
    Do you ever chase them out into the lake after they have left the system?
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    I do chase them in the lake but it can be a very tricky task ... Between having to deal with the wind and covering the sheer amount of water it's definitely rewarding when I get onto them.

I see walleye often when in Kingston for the Canadian Open. Most of these fish are shallow on structure and seemingly impossible to catch. In that their diet according to all the MNR sampling is exclusively alewife do you have to run the same program of trolling with boards in deeper water to get results?

Big Old Bass
    Thanks for the report Joe!

Jumbo Perch
    The lake walleye are very difficult to pattern in the spring and early summer. By late summer they get easier to pattern. I'm not sure if it has to do with availability of bait or just that I'm running the wrong baits but they are inconsistent for sure.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.