Need help with planning a fall trip to Adolphus reach.
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

I am sure you all can appreciate having to plan well aheadfor such an opportunity like fishing the Adolphus reach for the huge Eyes. I have wanted to fish those waters for yearswith my dad but work always got in the way. This year looks good, so far anyway.
    But as a guy from out of town all I'm looking for is somedates as to when the fish could be migrating through and also some good localplaces to send the weekend.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

The first fish start to show up in mid October but mid November is a better target date. I suspect it will depend on what type of fall we have but if you can make it after the mib November I don't think you will be disappointed. If you need a place to stay contact Bay of Quinte Charters which is also Westlake Willows cottages.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Jumbo Perch

Alex,

The walleye start to migrate into the bay of Quinte around mid to late October. The later you come the more fish are in the system. Mid November is a good time.

I'd be happy to help with any further questions.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bayofquintecharters; 07-07-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Hi Alex

I think Scott has the right idea here. The Walleye are in abundance mid to late October, however, the later into the season you go the better the fishing generally gets. also Scott is West Lake Willows and has a great place close by to quinte just on the outskirts of Sandbanks overlooking West Lake. a gorgeous place to relax after a great day on the bay.
    good luck this fall
    cheers

Minnow
    Hey thanks guys theres some really good info here. I will definitely use it when booking my leave.

Thanks Again,

Alex

Minnow
    Well my leave has been approved so the trip is a go!!! The time is getting close. Another question though is what are the recommendations out there for the launches in area? Any info at all would be a great help.

Thanks
    Alex

Jumbo Perch
    The best launch in my opinion is Picton. It is on "head st" right in the harbour. It is sheltered so no matter what the wind does you are ok launching and pulling out.

The other options are:
    Glenora ferry on the adolphus side but if the wind comes up out the west at all it can be very difficult pulling out.

Mcfarlands park a few kilometres east of Picton on hwy 33. Not a great launch and if the wind is out of the north at all it offers no shelter. Also the dock is removed fairly early so you are launching with no dock.

Pryners cove if you are launching way down at the end of the reach is nice to save fuel. Same story. No shelter if the wind is out of the north, even a west wind can snake around the reach its hard to know sometimes with that launch at times I'd swear it would be rough and it's calm other times I think it should be calm and the wind is making it in there. The bay and the high bluffs can make certain winds really snake around the bay.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.