walleye spots
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: walleye spots

Minnow

walleye spots

Hi
    I am looking at going out this weekend 7 Nov. for walleye, any recommendations as to where to go. We will be fishing in a older 16 ft. Lund. I checked the weather and they are calling for 20km winds from the west.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    Bay of Quinte

Sent from my SM-N900W8

Big Old Bass
    Hey Rob67.

There are some great wind sites you can check out and would recommend for obvious safety concerns. I believe John and others have provided links within other topics.

If you have an idea of where you may lunch, this may give a better insight for suggestions.

20k is a good wind and being west, may blow up pretty good...

Cheers,

Paul

Minnow
    We were thinking of launching at Glenora ferry and trying around there. I'm assuming the walleye are located in the Adolphus Reach not up towards Long Reach. I am concerned about the winds. I kept my big boat at Trenton for summer ,Westerlies were brutal. I'm not familiar with Eastern side of the bay and especially in a small boat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You might have to head down to Picton to launch or maybe huffy.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Big Old Bass
    With 20 km west winds best spot to launch is macfarlands conservation area. It's located roughly in the middle of glenora ferries and Picton. If the wind is strong just stay inside Picton Bay Area. Run the trough east of the cement plant to the ferries. Good luck!

Minnow
    Thank you Pickerel Killer
    I know where the conservation is and I will check my charts for the trough.
    We will give it ago.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.