Season update
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season update

Jumbo Perch

Season update

Well the season is winding down and I'm just finding time to put up an update. The good news is the bite is picking up and there is lots of soft water ahead of us still.

As all reports have indicated the fishing has been inconsistent and tough. I think I've put more miles on my boat this year then any other two falls combined. Typically we can follow the fish in and pretty consistently fish the same date as day after day while making little moves to follow the fish. This year sees us frequently running and gunning to find fish and I'm still fishing out near the gap at times to find active fish. I don't remember a year we had to run this much to find fish.

Some people are worried about the fishery but in my opinion there is nothing to worry about. It is all really about distribution of the fish. If they are abundant but distributed widely then finding active fish is both difficult and inconsistent. As for the state of our fishery the MNR's year over year sampling indicates the 2014 and 2015 spawns were among the best on record and our fishery is certainly on the incline.

Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks.

Lots of bait this year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Scott. I can't speak to the number of larger fish but there does seem to be several great year classes coming. I also think there is some fish moving through at night and there may be more fish deep in the system by now. They have been catching some nice fish in the bay lately.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Jumbo Perch
    That's the problem there are fish all the way up into the bay and others still out at the lake. Just makes it tough. I do think the traditional ice spots are starting to fill up as more and more fish move in. There certainly seems to be alittle more consistency. I've had a few friends try fishing at night just to see if they could get them to go but no success.

Jumbo Perch
    I'm out in adolphus right now and plan to move back inside if we can't dial in a bite soon. This is my sonar screen right now.

Do you think they are all walleye?
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Jumbo Perch
    I definitely don't think they are all walleye, but there must be some walleye in there.

Jumbo Perch
    Oh and John, I wish you guys would stop bringing these things into the bay.

LOL I saw that brute. Must have felt funny having something on that fought back.

Jumbo Perch

Season update

What was funny was I suddenly found myself concerned about the carpet and I was madly wiping water spots off the cowling. It was weird. Must be contagious. :-). (Silly sparkle boaters (jk))

Last edited by bayofquintecharters; 12-10-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Should have seen my carpet after our trip to the Niagara Bar yesterday. Bloody lakers!
    Serial killers boat.jpg

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in