Potters update
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potters update

Big Old Bass

Potters update

Ended headin out off potters to a packed house! Prolly 40-50 people out there. It's snow covered witha few soft spots and for the most part 4" everywhere I went tonight. Ended up putting 3 fish topside with 6lbs being the biggest. Sebile vibrato was doin the damage! Good luck out there and b safe!

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    how do you think the ice will be after Saturdays little warm spell?..Im not "seasoned" with ice knowledge yet lol...would that little bit of warmth hurt the integrity of 4 inches of ice with snow on top?

Nice fish
    Attachment 168
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Big Old Bass
    Quote Originally Posted by macca420 View Post
    how do you think the ice will be after Saturdays little warm spell?..Im not "seasoned" with ice knowledge yet lol...would that little bit of warmth hurt the integrity of 4 inches of ice with snow on top?
    I don't think saturday will hurt it much other than it being a bit soft in places. I'm hopeing we get the rain that's forecasted so it knocks this snow down, then it will lock up tight next week!

Minnow
    Thanks for the report, really appreciate it.

Minnow
    thanks for the input! I'm heading out sunday and its a bit of a drive so i just wanted to make sure.

Minnow
    Thanks for the update!! You don't have any idea what Peats point area looks like do you? I love poters but have done better off of peats.

thanks in advance.

Big Old Bass
    Quote Originally Posted by The Randaller View Post
    Thanks for the update!! You don't have any idea what Peats point area looks like do you? I love poters but have done better off of peats.

thanks in advance.
    No sorry I haven't ventured that way. Be careful everywhere you go, the ice is really inconsistent! I found a spot with 2" today at potters.

Minnow
    Thanks PK! If potters is that inconsistent I don't think Peats will be much better. I will save the gas and head somewhere else.

Minnow
    hey PK if you head out tomorrow(saturday) can you give us a report after? I'm a few hours south and was gonna head up there real early sunday morning,but don't wanna make the drive if the ice is sketchy.

thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in