Hay Bay?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hay Bay?

Minnow

Hay Bay?

We have an annual trip booked for next weekend (Jan28,29&30).
    Would be fishing east of Ram Island on Hay Bay.
    Any idea on the ice conditions there and thoughts on fishing in 6-8 ft of water, or would be 20'+ be better?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Good Question. I personally would be fishing 20+ but there are people that know Hay Bay much better than I
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Wish I new how the ice is myself. I'd go with 20+ ;D

Big Old Bass
    Don't be afraid to try in shallow early morning and move out to deeper water as the morning goes on. And then even go back shallow for the evening bite. Just play around until you find fish, and then lay a beatin on them!!! Haha I have heard 2.5" near perfect view now.
    We are also going next weekend and I don't know if the bikes will be coming as of yet!! Sucks!!!!

I might be up there as well. I'll bring the sled but I don't know how far I'll get. The nights are very cold so I'm optimistic.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Quote Originally Posted by John Whyte View Post
    I might be up there as well. I'll bring the sled but I don't know how far I'll get. The nights are very cold so I'm optimistic.
    We have a group heading over there this weekend (Thursday till Sunday) as well, staying on Hay Bay. I am really hoping for more than 2.5 inches!

Big Old Bass
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Trout View Post
    We have a group heading over there this weekend (Thursday till Sunday) as well, staying on Hay Bay. I am really hoping for more than 2.5 inches!
    Hopefully it makes an inch a night for you!

The night temps are cold enough and the wind is dying so maybe time for a trip down to test the ice again. I need a volunteer LOL

Big Old Bass
    We're goin thursday am!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.