Bay of Quinte Gold rush 2016
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

Bay of Quinte Gold rush 2016

Our annual migration to the mighty Bay of Quinte has come and gone and it certainly wasn’t our best trip. We were a little hesitant heading down Thursday morning not really knowing how the ice was but were pleasantly surprised with a just over 4” (in most spots) throughout Huffs. That being said, I did find some slushy and thin spots on the west shore. If your heading out for a walk, bring your spud! By the time we left on Sunday there was a good 5.5” (clear and white ice) away from the shore.

We fished anywhere between 25 and 33 fow over the weekend and found most of our fish in the 27-29 fow range. Two notable differences between last year and this year were: a lot less fish were moving through Huffs and the ones that were didn’t want anything to do with us. Downsizing was hard because of the current but might have helped. From the people we talked to the bite was off, at Huffs at least.

All that being said we did manage to catch a few fish.

Hot baits for the trip were W9 & W7 jigging raps, all different colours. I think all but 1 fish was caught on them.

The two biggest fish of the trip.

OI000001-1.jpg

OI000004-1.jpg
    I bought a new camera so I was trying some different mounts options.
    OI000002.jpgOI000005.jpg

We are back at it for 4 more days in 2 weeks so I hope the fishing picks up. Good luck to anyone heading out between now and then!
    Last edited by The Randaller; 01-25-2016 at 10:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Matt
    At least you caught some nice fish. I will probably be down the same time as you so lets hope for some good ice.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Big Old Bass
    Nice fish!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.