Cormorant Control and Bill 205 Support...
+ Reply to Thread
    Big Old Bass

Cormorant Control and Bill 205 Support...

cormorants West Brothers Islands.jpg
    West Brother Island

We've all seen the effect of the cormorants on our waters and the mess they make. These need to be controlled as we all know before it's too late.

There's a Private Member's Bill 205 to allow the hunting and trapping of these in Ontario.

More information here. https://www.ofah.org/issues/cormorants/

It's up to all of us to help seek support for this Bill so please contact your MPP with a quick letter asking for their support as well.

Link to MPP's - http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/members/memb ... ?locale=en

I've sent the email below to our MPP Sophie Kiwala. Please feel free to copy, edit and paste to send to yours.

Hello,

I am a resident of the Kingston area and would like to show my support of this Bill. Our area and waterways have been riddled and decimated by Cormorants and it’s time something was done to save our natural resources.

Being an avid fisher / boater, I have witnessed the demise of too much of our beautiful shores and islands. The cormorants have destroyed our Brothers Islands and are the cause of the destruction of many others close to Kingston. I see literally hundreds of these birds at Collins Bay and Fort Henry water ways on a daily basis. The amount of fish they consume is overwhelming and are quickly depleting the population of bait fish and the fry of other sport fish.

I beg you to please support this Bill and help keep Kingston and the area beautiful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Paul
    I will post this on Spoonpullers and lakesimcoemessageboard
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.