New Guy
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Guy

Minnow

New Guy

New to this site but on a lot of others. Just curious about fishing Brighton Bay or Quinte. I've never fished these waters but know there are fish to be taken. Not going to ask for favorite lures or anything just where a guy could park and walk out with his teenage kids for a day on the ice. We are all seasoned at catching perch in Simcoe but would like the chance of hooking a Walleye. Any help would be appreciated.
    A little about me. Live in Cobourg, my boys live in Oshawa but we have a great agreement and I can get them whenever I want. All three of us love to fish, from Lakers and Bass at the cottage and Bancroft area where my family originates from. Spend hours fishing tribs for Steelhead and Salmon, many hour on Scugog, where I was raised, and have had great success with Perch on Simcoe. We have lots of tackle, a portable fishfinder (not a flasher) a power auger and a sled to pull everything in. All we need is a place to park and maybe get some minnows.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Potters Creek in Belleville is the usual hot spot for first timers, you will get onto fish wether it be jumbo perch or walleye. Ice is usually good to go there first !
    | Steve |

Minnow
    Here is something I found useful. The two times I have been I accessed from Big Island on the south side of Big Bay. I have been using Pro-Tackle - great guys there. Stacey from there pointed me over to "Wagner Farm" to access. $5 in the tool box and you're all set to go.
    As I was advised, be cautious in some of the current prone areas.
    https://www.bing.com/maps?v=2&cp=44.134715~-77.208340&lvl=11&dir=0&sty=r&trfc=1&cid=1AD446CFA8 A507FA!164&form=LMLTCC

Neto

Minnow
    Cheers, I appreciate it!Look into my blog; pantothenic acid

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.