First Ice On Quinte
+ Reply to Thread

First Ice On Quinte

For the third year in a row there has been ice on Quinte before Simcoe. You really have to watch where you walk but there has been some fishing going on.
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    Potters is good to go.
    4-5 " black ice under 1-2" of white ice.
    Spent the morning out there. Going to work smelling like skunk today!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

LOL At least you had the warm up run to make sure everything works
    After 250 days a year on the water and ice I still feel I need more Time on the Water

Minnow
    Yeah my walleye stuff is in good order.
    Barely gets used anymore living on Simcoe!
    Had to scratch the itch.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Minnow
    good to hear the bay is getting locked up. Hopefully i'll get out there before 2016 comes to an end.

Minnow
    Hey there! Appreciate the information at Potters. Me and my buddy plan to drive to Potters on Friday to hopefully get out on the ice. We're relatively new to ice fishing on our second season. Just wondering if there's anything I should look out for while venturing out? I have a spud and will check the ice as we go.

Make sure you use that spud. There is a lot of currents out there and there is always some soft spots.

Minnow
    Quote Originally Posted by ali0524 View Post
    Hey there! Appreciate the information at Potters. Me and my buddy plan to drive to Potters on Friday to hopefully get out on the ice. We're relatively new to ice fishing on our second season. Just wondering if there's anything I should look out for while venturing out? I have a spud and will check the ice as we go.

hope you have a float suit also. From what i've heard there is Ice there BUT it doesn't always mean its safe. Stay far from the river/bay side on the East, that usually have some currents so not a good place for first ice. Make sure you and your buddy have a rope just in case.

Minnow
    Thanks for the information gentlemen! With the +2/3 degree weather for today and tomorrow, I might rethink going out Friday. I've been told there has been a good 4-5 inches, but that may change by Friday

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.