Big Bay - Jan 14/17
+ Reply to Thread
    Minnow

Big Bay - Jan 14/17

Well...made it out for my second time on BoQ. I went out of the south side of BB. Ice was quite good. 6-7" of black ice in most areas with some 4-5 black + 3-4 white ice in others. I would presume this was due to snow/drifts melting! Lots of cracking and popping. There was one really loud pop late morning that sounded like someone had shot a high power rifle, ice moved pretty good too...holy smokes!!!
    In any case, no skunk yet for me. Although, my first walleye last trip was only around 8" or so, it counts for me...lol. This trip I caught TWO and they were bigger - all of twelve inches each!! as long as they keep getting bigger each trip, I am ok with that. Those two were caught in the morning. The afternoon was full of yo-yos...come up then back down. made one come up 10ft off bottom. I though for sure it was a done deal - at least if it was a walleye anyway. Afternoon had fish rolling thru my area fairly consistently.

I did manage to see a fish a fellow and his son caught - one of those Quinte gold - 8-9lbs I would have guessed. beauty.

till next time.

p.s. Thank you to all those that have helped with information to guide me in the right direction while exploring these waters safely.

Neto

2. Remove Advertisements
    FishingBayOfQuinte.com
    Advertisements

Minnow
    Nice! Congrats on the fish, way better than me and my buddy getting skunked yesterday at Potters. Would have loved to get out there again today, but not ready to go out onto the ice on my own just yet and making the drive alone from Toronto. Just curious, where did you access Big Bay from? I've been looking and it looks like Wager's Farm is an access there with parking for $5, but not really sure where it's located.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.